Living in Bangkok as Urban Residence has to be at Every Surawong.
We located within Bangrak District, one of Bangkok’s Central Business District. Convenient location and availability of diversified office spaces make it a popular choice for hundreds of local and International businesses. These include Fortune 500s, Financial, advertising, media and publishing companies. Lets become Bangkok Residence here...
Wat Maha Pruettharam Worawihan
Wat Maha Pruettharam Worawihan (also spelled Wat Mahapruttharam), is a third grade royal monastery of Worawihan. It is an ancient monastery whose exact origin is unknown. The original name of the temple, Wat Tha Kwian (Cart Harbor) in earlier times derived from a legend telling about King U-Thong of the Ayutthaya era. He had escaped from a cholera epidemic which was ravaging the area. He traveled by a kwian (cart or wagon) and came to park his wagon in the area. Another story is that this area was the resting place for travelers who journeyed in kwian. Later in 1852 A.D. ( 2395 B.E.), King Mongkut (King Rama IV) named the temple Wat Ta Khien (the name of the miracle tree) and jointly built a new temple with his son, Prince Chulalongkorn (who became King Rama V).
Wat Sri Maha Mariamman
Built in the 1860s by immigrants from Tamil Nadu in Southern India, Sri Maha Marriaman is an important Hindu temple that grabs the eyes of anyone walking down Silom Road. Known to many Thais as Wat Khaek (khaek being a Thai catch-all word for people of South Asian descent), the temple anchors a part of the Silom area that can be thought of as the city’s second Little India, distinct from the predominantly Sikh community at Pahurat. Indian music often pumps from footpath vendors as Indian shopkeepers sell sweets and statuettes of Hindu gods.
Bangkok Folk Museum
The Bangkok Folk Museum, also known as the Bangkokian, sits behind a lovely garden, where a house dating from 1937 and comprised of three buildings, shows off what life was like in Bangkok prior to World War 2. There are some really great period pieces here, such as a three-mirror vanity and a pleating machine, charcoal irons, and 75rpm records. The owner, Acharn Waraporn Surawadee, is the daughter of the original owners, and she lives in another small house right next to the rest of the displays. She wanted to preserve and show off what life was like for urban Bangkokians living in the city in the mid-1900s, and its quite the contrast to compare life then and now. The early influences of Westernisation can be seen in the items and styles displayed, and the entire property is an oasis of calm away from the city. The property was recently threatened by a condo development project that wanted adjacent land alongside the Chao Phraya River, and it was nice to see private citizens step up and donate millions of Thai baht to help the owner buy the encroaching land and keep the Bangkokian as protected heritage. It is one of the only free museums in Bangkok, and well worth a visit to check out Bangkok's wonderful past.
Back in the year 1975, our founder, Thanpuying Datchari Rajani, found that it was difficult to find Thai restaurants which could cater to her taste and enjoyment. So, she decided to open a small restaurant called “Kalpapruek”, which was the name of the collecting stamp offered by Shell company to its customers. The “Kalpapruek” stamp, created by her husband, Prince Bhisatej Rajani, could be exchanged for gifts and was very popular at the time.
“Feeling like home” is Thanpuying Datchari’s concept. Every dishes served were like what she would cook for her family. We are among the first restaurant which served authentic Thai food with bakery. We began with a small gourmet restaurant and grew into 3 restaurants, still serving “quality” food and bakery, at present.
We cook with the best ingredients and fresh produce from the Royal Project. Everything is prepared in our kitchen to ensure that our customers are treated with the “best” possible.
Wat Hua Lamphong
Wat Hua Lamphong or Hualampong was build during the Rattanakosin period. In 1996, to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the ascension to the throne of King Bhumipol Adulyadej (Rama IX), this temple was renovated. The Golden Jubilee year showing two elephants flanked by multi-tiered umbrella was incorporated into the temple’s renovation. Guests who have been to the snake farm are suggested to take a visit to Wat Hua Lampong. It is a nice way to start a city tour of Bangkok. The temple has beautiful paintings and statues of Buddha.
Haroon Mosque was registered under the Royal Act of Islamic Mosques and the official number of the Mosque is in the year 1947. Haroon Mosque was named after the father of Muhammad Yusuf Bafadel – “Haroon Bafadel”.
At first, the mosque was situated on the bank of Chaopraya River around 200 years ago. It was a village called “Ton Samrong” on the east of the bank of the River of King. The Mosque was made of wood and it was said to be built in Java style mixed with Ayuthaya arts. So the first name of the Mosque is “Masjid Ton Samrong”.
In the year 1837 or around 173 years ago, Musa Bafadel an Indonesian-Arab trader from Pantiyanah south of Borneo sailing between Siam, Malaya and Indonesia, arrived here in Ton Samrong village. He decided to reside in this place and brought 3 sons with him: Haroon, Uthman and Ishaaq. Uthman headed for Malaysia, Kadah State and resided there. Ishaaq traveled to Cambodia and resided there. Haroon continued his father businesses between Siam and Malaya. He then traveled up and down Bangkok and Ayuthaya and met a lady named Umdang Poom whom he later married. They had a son named “Muhammad Yusuf”.
Wat Suan Plu
Wat suan plu is located at 58 soi charoenkrung (soi Shangri-la hotel Bangkok ) 52/1 charoenkrung road bangrak Bangkok. At the present royal W. Moline deputy abbot primate of 10. Buddhist temple of Wat Suan Plu Size unimpressive from the outside and the hall is decorated with stucco work on the glass of a temple with stucco angels adorn the quaint look back hall. Thailand pavilion is located in the middle of the pool. Called the Bodhisattva Kuan im. This is the respect of the people of this region, where people come to worship regularly. On the other side of the temple. It is evident that there is a temple located peacefully under the trees, that is. Temple of the Reclining Buddha A reclining Buddha, which has been restored and the golden sands of the innermost and a statue like Pang and Pang Nacprk alms bowl. Which told the successor with respect to the faith that you have created miracles by helping the villagers to take refuge in the Lord deliver thee. By bombs dropped from aircraft in the past.
The old Customs House in Bangkok is a historic building built in 1888. It was designed by Joachim Grassi. Built in the Palladian style, it is a fine example of the prevalent use of Western architecture in public buildings during Siam (Thailand)'s modernisation under the reign of King Chulalongkorn (Rama V). The building sits on the eastern bank of the Chao Phraya River in Bang Rak District, on Soi Charoen Krung 36, and was symbolically considered the gateway to the country. The customs office moved to Khlong Toei Port in 1949, and the building later came to serve as residences for staff of the Bang Rak Fire Station. The building has much deteriorated since, and while multiple plans for its restoration were proposed, none came to fruition. In 2005, real estate consortium Natural Park won a 30-year concession from the Treasury Department (which administers the building as state property) to renovate the site as an Aman Resorts hotel. However, in the ten years since, no development had taken place, due to difficulties in relocating the previous tenants. The residents finally moved out in early 2016, and the Treasury Department confirmed in 2017 that the project would go ahead under Natural Park's successor, the U City company.
Baan Garagade Thai Cuisine
Bangkok diners seeking authentic Thai dishes will probably find themselves scratching their heads over the ownership of the new Baan Garagade on Mahaset Road. One question being asked is whether this Bang Rak eatery is in fact a reincarnation of the old Baan Chamnong that used to occupy the same spot.
The answer is yes… sort of. The owner of the longstanding Baan Chamong, who has been involved with five-star hotels for the past three decades, decided to shut down the business. Surasak Tanpoonkiat, who runs the Chinese restaurant Delight Kitchen just up the road, wanted to expand his business, snatched up the premises and changed the name to Baan Garagade.
Home Cuisine Islamic Restaurant
THome Cuisine Islamic Restaurant near Haroon Mosque on Charoen Krung Soi 36 several times, and as nearby Muslim. While far from elegant, the restaurant aims for a classier ambiance than what you’ll find at no-frills Muslim Restaurant. The small air-con dining room has a very green theme going with green lamps hanging over green booths surrounded by green potted plants. Antique revolver pistols mounted on the walls are an interesting touch. Service is quick and attentive. While comfortable, the atmosphere reminded us of the Olive Garden with a hangover, but we’re fine with tacky decor if the food is good.
Home Cuisine offers an extensive menu with popular dishes pictured to help narrow down the choices. Though Indian names like masala, dhalcha, biryani and dhal dominate the first couple of pages, the menu’s entire second half is devoted to Thai-Muslim dishes and several Thai staples like green curry and tom yum. Indian-style unleavened breads, homemade yoghurt, fresh fruit juices and desserts like “milk jelly” and lasmalai rice pudding are also available.
For almost 50 years, Ama Bakery has been purveying some of the best custard buns in the city. Bread stuffed with ham and cheese is another must-try. Come early because items sell out fast.
The Assumption Cathedral is the principal Roman Catholic church of Thailand. The cathedral is located in the Bang Rak district of Bangkok, alongside with Assumption College. It was visited by Pope John Paul II during his trip to Thailand in 1984.
Assumption Cathedral's construction was initiated by the Siam Mission, led by Bishop Florens in 1820. The piece of land was purchased from donated money, proposed to buide a church in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary. A traditional Thai-style church was completed one year later, and has served the Catholic community in that area since. Afterward, the office of the bishop was also built in the following year and continued to be the permanent residence of all the bishops of the Bangkok Diocese.
In 1909, the Assumption Cathedral underwent a major reconstruction to accommodate the larger catholic community. The new version of the church was designed by a French architect and constructed with local materials while the marble and stained glasses were ordered from Italy and France for interior decoration. The construction work took 9 years to complete. The new Cathedral was consecrated on 15 August 1919 by Bishop Rene Perros.